Need help to rsynch the directory structure only excluding the files from remote to local.

torque tariq.a.shaikh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 23:15:42 GMT 2007

Hi Tim,
I tried using the rsync like how you specified in your example and it
worked fine. But when I tried it between my UNIX box and a remote
server the command would just not complete and give any output
whatsoever.
This is how I did it:
rsync -av --include '*/' --exclude '*' tashaikh at remotebox:/dw/etl/home/
prod/log/ /export/home/tashaikh/auto/log

In the above I need to copy the directory structure under log
directory on the remote box to the log directory on the local box.
Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong or if there is any
other method of doing this.

Thanks,
Tariq.