rsync & SSL 'for real'

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Apr 17 22:23:59 GMT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 12:52:57PM +0200, Andreas Kotes wrote:
> I'd be willing to put up the effort to add full (or at least better)
> SSL support direclty to rsync if the maintainers would agree with it,
> and would seriously consider including it in the main source in the
> long run.

I'd be interested in getting SSL support into the main rsync codebase
(in such a way that it could be conditionally omitted, if needed).  I
haven't had time to really check into it myself (I need to figure out
why the SSL patch didn't work for me, but never had the impetus to delve
into it).

Your list of SSL goals seem quite reasonable to me.