copying base file rather than complete directory structure

SteveT steve at tucknotts.me.uk
Mon Apr 16 16:17:15 GMT 2007

I have a basic directory structure that I want to be able to copy in one of
two ways.

The base structure is /a/b/c under that structure I have /d/e and finally
files 'f'. I create a list of the /d/e/f files and put them in a file and
then use:
rsync -auvP /a/b/c --files-from=myFileList targetBaseDir

That works fine and I end up with /targetBaseDir/d/e/f

Now what I also want to do is to ignore the /d/e directories, so basically
rsync the files 'fi at the bottom of the directory structure directly into
targetbaseDir to end up with a result of /targetBaseDir/f

Is this possible? I can't see an option that implies 'copy just basename
file'

I am using FC4 with the following version of rsync:
 rsync --version
rsync  version 2.6.8  protocol version 29
Copyright (C) 1996-2006 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, ACLs, xattrs, symlinks,
batchfiles,
              inplace, IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

rsync comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  See the GNU
General Public Licence for details.