Dynamic Modules in rsyncd.conf

Sam Dekeyser sam.dekeyser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 16:23:58 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm experimenting a little bit with rsync and I'm using it for synching
my files between a windows client (using cwRsync) and a Linux server at
logon and at logoff (copying profiles is too slow for me). For this
purpose I need to sync the home directory of the user that logs on/off.
Currently I'm using a module for this, but creating a module for every
user in the domain is not very convenient to me, so I was wondering if
it would be possible to create 'dynamic' modules, as you can in e.g.
Samba's configuration (with environment variables and such).
The files should be synchronized with the home directory of that user,
e.g. /home/user for 'user' the username of the person that logged
in/off. I did some research on google on this subject but it could be
possible that i'm using the wrong keywords (Dynamic Modules),
because I can't find anything helpful. Are there perhaps any alternatives?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Greetings