File Locking under Windows - a solution ?

Michael Pickard mpickard at visitlondon.com
Wed Sep 6 08:38:45 GMT 2006

http://www.nasbackup.com/index.php/Web_links#Access_of_windows_shadow_co
py
> _by_rsync
>
> Regards,
> Milutin Voinivich
> http://www.NasBackup.com/

Thanks Milutin,
Your link seems to link through to
http://www.archivesat.com/post1458236.htm : a single post from the rsync
user list.
As I understand it (via http://tinyurl.com/mcy2m as I have no prior
knowledge of the tool), WSC is a backup tool used by Windows Server 2003
- I cannot readily see how that will be of use in my situation. Could
you clarify ?
Note: I am not having difficulty *reading* locked files, but *writing*
locked files.

Thanks again,
Mike.

Michael Pickard
Software Engineer
Visit London
6th Floor,
2 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2RR

Tel:  +44 (0)20 7234 5857
Fax: +44 (0)20 7234 5751

www.visitlondon.com

Visit London is the official visitor organisation for London. Visit London is partly funded by Partnership, the Mayor's London Development Agency and the Association of London Government.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the message.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not of Visit London. We reserve the right to read and monitor any email or attachment entering or leaving our systems without prior notice.