Compressed destination files

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Thu Nov 30 06:29:56 GMT 2006

Thanks for the info. FYI I tried the patch and it appears to have worked.
I'll keep the list updated if I find any errors...

A couple ideas. Rather than only using the time stamps to determine if
files need updating the file size could also be used by 1) putting the
filesize into the new filename (ie test.1231098.doc) or 2) creating a
separate file with a list of the file sizes for all the files.

Also, it might be nice if rsync added the bz2 extension to the output
filenames so it was obvious the files are compressed and make it slightly
easier to decompress (ie without renaming).

Not major concerns, it should work fine with just the time stamps, and
having to rename isn't a big deal. Just ideas. Thanks to all who work on
rsync.

Josh