Compressed destination files

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Thu Nov 30 01:32:41 GMT 2006

Hello,

I searched the list and found some similar questions, but no answer, so...

I would like to do an incremental backup using rsync where all the files
at the destination end are compressed (bz2). I'm backing up to a usb flash
drive and would like to fit as much as possible on it. I would also like
to avoid rsync'ing to another directory on my hard drive, and then
bzip'ing that. Done this way only the modified files will need to be
copied/bzipped, and if I want to restore a single file it is easy. Any
ideas? Thanks.

Josh