How Can I Duplicate an Entire Drive?

Robert Temple rtscruiser at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 02:18:21 GMT 2006

This is a newbie request, but I haven't found any info on how to do this.

I have a working Apache server I would like to make a complete, exact
duplicate of. I am upgrading to a new hard drive and need to move the entire
drive contents & file structure, and when it's complete I need to reboot the
server on the new drive.

I've looked into various disk copy & backup programs and the consensus is
rsync is the tool I need. But all the instructions I've read are how to copy
specific directories and/or do incremental backups, not on mirroring a
complete drive.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!