Rsync does not work with existing remote ssh tunnel

rsync.20.maillinglist at spamgourmet.com rsync.20.maillinglist at spamgourmet.com
Thu Nov 2 09:18:45 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I have the following problem.

I have installed
1.) a rsync daemon on a windows machine under cygwin
2.) installed a tunnel via ssh from the remote machine to my pc
3.) I could run rsync from the remote machine to make bakups

On the remote machine and on my pc I have rsync version 2.6.6
protocol version 29.

The network admins decided to make 2.) inpossible. So I build the
ssh tunnel from the pc to the remote machine. But the backup does
not longer run.

I get now the error you can read in the subject. Any hint to get
it run again would be fine.

Thank for any help

 Franz

IMPORTANT
I will read replies only from the mailing list.
If you send me email directly it will be deleted.