rsync in an ssh tunnel as root

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Nov 2 18:31:33 GMT 2006

whew I dunno bout the subject but here's what I want to do

I use rsync automatically thru scripts.

but I do this wrong and I want to get my act together

I was/am set to do ssh root login but I want to do away w/this.

rather, I want to be able to let rsync do it's thing and do a full
backup or whatever it wants to do on other boxes in the lan as it does
now but not having ssh root login

I know it's little involved but ain't gonna be that bad. I just need
some direction(howto) for this operation.

I would be so happy if someone could turn me on to this info

thx

John Rose