Xattr on FreeBSD ... Good Luck ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Wed Nov 1 21:42:54 GMT 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Wayne Davison wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 03:59:06PM -0500, Ensel Sharon wrote:
> > acls.c:735: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
> > acls.c:1163: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range of
> > data type
>
> These are fixed in the latest version of the patch.  With 2.6.9 being
> released in the very near future (maybe even today), you may want to use
> the 2.6.9pre3 release or the latest "nightly" tar file instead of 2.6.8.
> The xattrs code has been ported to work with OS X, so it shouldn't be
> hard to add the code necessary to get it to work with FreeBSD.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, so 2.6.9 will solve the problems I saw during the 'make', that you
quote above.

But you are saying that even with 2.6.9, there is still work to be done to
get xattrs safely across from OSX -> FreeBSD ?

I do not need to go in the other direction - I have no xattr on FreeBSD
that I need to send _anywhere_ - I just need to get xattr from OSX source
to freebsd destination.

Thanks again.