ignoring file times - but still examining content

Tony Abernethy tony at servacorp.com
Tue May 23 10:25:24 GMT 2006

Assuming the problem is Windows and time zones and daylight savings etc.
man rsync
--modify-window=NUM   compare mod times with reduced accuracy.

Windows still uses the old DOS method of storing times, which can't put
the value of the seconds into a 32-bin number, so can only represent
even seconds. (That's the theoretical best it can do)
I think going on or coming off Daylight Savings cause times to go
beserk, generally by an hour (3600 seconds or so)

Guessing, but
--modify-window=4000
should make your life a bit more pleasant.

If your problem is time-zones, laugh, but do the math and ...