Problems synchronizing (error code 12)

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon May 22 16:22:59 GMT 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 05:21:47PM +0200, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> inflate (token) returned -5

This is the pertinent error.  It indicates that there was a problem in
the zlib (compression) code.  I assume that the file you're updating
already existing on the receiving side, correct?  One way that should
avoid the problem in the compress code would be to drop the -z option.
Another way to avoid the error would be to use --whole-file (which would
force the file to be send in total).

If there's any chance I could debug the rsync code using the affected
files (both the source and the destination file), please let me know.
Obviously, don't send me such huge files -- we'd need to work out some
other means, such as privately making the files available for me to
download, or allowing me to access a user login on your system.