Problems synchronizing (error code 12)

Morten W. Petersen morten at nidelven-it.no
Mon May 22 15:21:47 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with rsync, where the process stops with the message

inflate (token) returned -5
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
token.c(478) [receiver=2.6.8]
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4092 bytes [generator]: Broken
pipe (32)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(1119)
[generator=2.6.8]

this is while it is syncing a 1.3 GB file using 'rsync --rsh="ssh -i ..."'.

There is plenty of space on the sending and receiving end.  On the
sending end the rsync version is 2.6.4 and on the receiving end it is 2.6.8.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

TIA,

Morten