Usage of a telnet client instead of ssh or rsh

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Sat May 13 18:27:03 GMT 2006

On Fri 12 May 2006, Matt McCutchen wrote:

> Wayne beat me to it.  But I was going to say, you might be able to write
> a wrapper script that sends the rsync command and arguments down the
> telnet connection for the shell to execute and discards any extra output
> produced by the shell while logging in (to avoid the mystifying "is your
> shell clean?" message).  For instance, if you know the shell on the

Don't forget also that there is actually such a thing as a telnet
protocol, so a telnet session probably won't give you a real clean
connection, some combination of special bytes may trigger telnet to do
unexpected things instead of passing the data on transparently.

Is there no way of using rsh in your kerberos-ized situation?

Paul Slootman