Usage of a telnet client instead of ssh or rsh

Dennis Guse g00se at web.de
Fri May 12 19:06:48 GMT 2006

Hi all,

i am building an authentification system based upon MIT kerberos.
I set up a realm in which I can use the ftp and telnet server/clients
infrastructure for the purpose of authentification. To backup my server
i would like to use rsync, but instead of a ssh/rsh/stunnel with an
encrypted kerberized telnet.

My problem is, that i could connect manually via telnet.krb5, but if
like to use it with rsync, i get an parameter error of the telnet
client:

	rsync -av --rsh="telnet.krb5 -afx cube" host:/media /media

telnet: invalid option -- -
Usage: telnet  [-8] [-E] [-K] [-L] [-X atype] [-a] [-d] [-e char] [-k
realm]
        [-l user] [-f/-F] [-n tracefile] [-r] [-x] [host-name [port]]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(434)

I have tried different parameter, but also with a normal telnet got the
same message.

Have you any advices for my little odd problem?
Thanks for your time.

Dennis Guse
--FHTW-University of Applied Science Berlin--