connection reset by peer error (in server log)

Doug Lochart dlochart at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:21:54 GMT 2006

Ok we got the client log a minute ago and it also had a similar reset
message, here is a snippet

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes: phase "unknown"
[sender]: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(622)
[sender]
Read from remote host 209.225.128.138: Connection reset by peer

Wayne, so based on your response then this looks like an error occurring
externally between the two machines?
Ok, so maybe we can look at the switch and the network interface to see if
they are set properly i.e 100BaseT, 1000BaseT.
Any other ideas?

If I did not mention this before, it is not consistent and we have not been
able to reproduce it at will.

thanks

Doug

--
What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?