Long file names

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Mar 25 16:43:52 GMT 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I believe this post I found is related to a problem I'm having with long
> files names...I would like to use cwRsync, does my problem suggest this
> is still happening and has not been addressed?
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2005-April/012117.html
>
> However, I have long file name issues using rsync 2.6.6 from a BSD
> server to the default Cygwin rsync 2.6.6. Should I (and how do I) apply
> this patch? Here is one of the errors I am experiencing...

If you're not running the latest rsync, it's wise to check the ChangeLog
of the latest version. You'll not only find the answer to the question at
hand, but you'll learn about other things as well.

	http://www.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-2.6.7-NEWS

Look for MAXPATHLEN.

    - Some buffer sizes were expanded a bit, particularly on systems where
      MAXPATHLEN is overly small (e.g. cygwin).

That seems to be your problem. So upgrading to 2.6.7 will most likely fix
this for you.

Kind regards,