Long file names

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Sat Mar 25 15:29:27 GMT 2006

I believe this post I found is related to a problem I'm having with long
files names...I would like to use cwRsync, does my problem suggest this
is still happening and has not been addressed?

http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2005-April/012117.html

However, I have long file name issues using rsync 2.6.6 from a BSD
server to the default Cygwin rsync 2.6.6. Should I (and how do I) apply
this patch? Here is one of the errors I am experiencing...

overflow: flags=0x3a l1=124 l2=137
lastname=Ydrive/tpgsharedfiles/ACCTS/Goldman Sachs/Wyndham Westshore/Due Diligence/CD Content/20. - Property Condition Report/28.20.03 ENSR Property Condition Assessment dated June 1997 vol. 2/28.20.03_ENSR_Property_Condition_Assessment_dated_June_1997_vol._3.pdf
ERROR: buffer overflow in receive_file_entry
rsync error: error allocating core memory buffers (code 22) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/util.c(126)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(443)

--
Robert