installing/updating rsync 2.6.7 on os x

Banana Flex flex.banana at bluewin.ch
Wed Mar 22 19:43:57 GMT 2006

don't update rsync on a Mac OS X system
because you don't have the -E (--extended-attributes) with the
release of rsync-2.6.7 from source
this is important, you don't have any chance to copy a meta data of a
file if you use any other release of rsync

the version of rsync included in the system as been modified by Apple

if you want a fresh copy of rsync, use this configuration:

banana:~ banana$ ./configure --srcdir=. --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/
usr --bindir=/usr/bin --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --
localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib --includedir=/usr/include --
mandir=/usr/man --build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --host=powerpc-apple-
darwin8 --target=powerpc-apple-darwin8

banana:~ banana$ make
banana:~ banana$ sudo make install

good luck