include directive for conffiles

Mattieu Puell mattieu.puel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:48:27 GMT 2006

Rsync does not seem to feature include directives as samba in order to
manage the config file in several seperate ones. I would like to know if
I am right and in that case, I suggest it would be an interesting feature.
Separating the configuration of the server itself from the  ressources
it offers (the modules) allows a simplest management of conffiles
through a package management system: the part concerning the server can
be updated each time the packet is and part concerning ressources can be
managed as "conffiles" in the sense of packaging ie left unchanged
through the updates.

Thanks for  suggests
Mattieu