connection unexpectedly closed while transfering a 133M file

Eugene Kosov koea at mail.ru
Wed Mar 22 19:35:22 GMT 2006

Hi, All!

I've got some errors while trying to sync 2 directory trees.

[sin at ray ~] rsync -azv way:/www/sin/ /www/sin/
receiving file list ... done
./
[snip]
docs/members/popol/pop0207.con
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (275727980 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(443)

[sin at ray ~] rsync --version
rsync  version 2.6.6  protocol version 29
[snip]
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
               inplace, IPv6, 32-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

[sin at ray ~] uname -smr
FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE i386

[sin at ray ~] ssh way du -h -d 0 /www/sin/
838M    /www/sin/

Size of docs/members/popol/pop0207.con is about 133M. I think this
should not be a problem for rsync. I've tried to google error message
but with no luck...

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

--