Rsync acl patch 1.113 compilation problems on cygwin

Tevfik Karagülle tevfik at itefix.no
Mon Mar 20 13:40:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

Recently, there have been some fundamental achievements regarding
acl-support on the cygwin platform. I thought that it would be convenient to
offer an acl-patch enabled rsync as a part of the cwrsync package (a yet
another minimalist rsync on cygwin solution). I get some compilation errors.

What I did:

- Downloaded acl patch v1.113 from rsync site

- Run commands below In the rsync source directory:

 # make clean
 # patch < patches/acls_diff_1_113.txt
 # ./prepare-source
 # ./configure --enable-acl-support

checking whether to support ACLs... Using solaris ACLs
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating lib/dummy
config.status: creating zlib/dummy
config.status: creating popt/dummy
config.status: creating shconfig
config.status: creating config.h

    rsync 2.6.7 configuration successful

 # make

gcc -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c rsync.c -o rsync.o
rsync.c:105: warning: unused parameter 'dflt_perms'
gcc -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt  -c generator.c -o
generator.o
generator.c: In function `recv_generator':
generator.c:876: error: too few arguments to function `dest_mode'
generator.c: At top level:
generator.c:757: warning: 'dflt_perms' defined but not used
make: *** [generator.o] Error 1

-----

I use gcc 3.4.4.

Any ideas what I'm missing here ?