rsync configured but with little probleam in the end

Ahmed Ndaula andaula at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 23:00:06 GMT 2006

Hello Folks,

I am wondering what could be the problem now. I have succeeded in having an
ssh login without password request. Reaching the last stage of creating the
rbackup.sh, that's where I got the problem. I made this file executable by
running this command
chmod +x rbackup.sh

Now, when I run this command (./backup.sh) to execute it, I get errors
.....complaining of the source on line 53. The errors appear as follows;

:command not foundbackup.sh: line 1:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 5:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 8:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 11:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 14:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 17:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 21:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 32:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 35:
:command not foundbackup.sh: line 39:
' home/iearn/rsync/rbackup.sh: line 53 syntax error near unexpected token
'do
' home/iearn/rsync/rbackup.sh: line 53: 'for source in $SOURCES; do

and line 53 appears as follows in the rbackup;

echo "Verifying Sources..."
for source in $SOURCES; do
    echo "Checking $source..."
    if [ ! -x $source ]; then
     echo "Error with $source!"
     echo "Directory either does not exist, or you do not have proper
permissions."
     exit 2
   fi
done

Any help is highly appreciated.. I am actually using Apple OS

--Ahmed