Malformed Address and Private IP issue

Jonathan Chen -X (jonachen - The Armada Group, Inc. at Cisco) jonachen at cisco.com
Wed Mar 8 21:48:37 GMT 2006

Cool.  Did that and it did not work.  After I compiled the new version
of rsync, I killed the old rsync -daemon and ran the new version.   Then
I used the new version to get 'testdir' module and still get the access
denied error message while the rsync.log complains about...

2006/03/08 11:25:12 [16976] malformed address localhost.localdomain
2006/03/08 11:25:12 [16976] malformed address dev01.foo.com (rsync
server name)
2006/03/08 11:25:12 [16976] rsync denied on module testdir from
stage02.foo.com (10.10.10.11)

"hosts allow" is turned off globably.   So I "should" not get a denied
message in the rsync.log.