rsync and mysql with users connected

Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL) Maarten.Boot at nl.compuware.com
Fri Jun 23 16:28:09 GMT 2006

 Mickaël,

In general one should not backup databases while they are running.

the safest way to backup any database is to switch it off (usually called
coldmode) and to run in your case rsync.

another way is th run the normal mysql backup commands to a local disk
location and after the mysql backup is done rsync that to a remote location

Maarten

--
Maarten Boot
Compuware Europe B.V.