Data Encryption

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Jun 12 17:58:06 GMT 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Brad Farrell wrote:

> Is there a way with rsync to encrypt data at the source before
> transmitting? Not talking about the actually transmission, but the data
> itself.  I've got a few department heads that want their data secured
> before it leaves their computer so that no one in the office can access
> the data except for them.

The "-e ssh" actually encrypts the data and everything else *BEFORE* it
leaves their computer. Would that not work for you?

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR