transfer logging -- absolute file path?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jun 9 20:33:12 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:58:17PM -0600, Alan Sparks wrote:
> I have been experimenting with the transfer log facility, and while that
> can provide the module path, and the base filename, it appears to exclude
> any sub-path information for the file.

This seems to be a bug.  The %f log-format escape provides the full path
within the module when sending files, but does not when receiving files.
I'll look into fixing this, but in the meantime, my only suggestion is
to use a "pre-xfer exec" program and have it log the args that it
receives (which will let you prepend the destination dir manually).