transfer logging -- absolute file path?

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Thu Jun 8 20:58:17 GMT 2006

(Apologies if this is a FAQ, but have not found anything on it.)

I am trying to detect when files are uploaded to an rsync module, and
process those files on arrival.  It appears that the post-transfer action
facility will not provide the file name uploaded, so that seems
unpromising.

I have been experimenting with the transfer log facility, and while that
can provide the module path, and the base filename, it appears to exclude
any sub-path information for the file.

for instance if I archive files into module logs_foobar/server1, these
will go to /module/path/server1/myfilename.  But I cannot get the actual
path of the file written in the transfer log line, only the parts to the
left or right of "server1" in my example.

Is there a way to get the real path of the file written?
Thanks in advance.
-Alan