Max number of files to transfer

Adrian Cooke cooke at sun.ac.za
Thu Jul 6 08:29:10 GMT 2006

Hey,

Is it possible to make rsync only transfer a maximum amount of files at
one time. I want to do this to make the initial set up time of the
filelist before transfer to be reasonably predictable.

Rsync is basically going to transfer from one mailbox to another mailbox
but I want to be able to only transfer say 50 files at a time. I know
this can be solved by controlling the number of files in the source
directory but was wondering if there is anyway to achieve this using
rsync itself.

Thanks in advance,
Adrian