cwrsync server 2.0.4 / winxp / ownership problems?

Tevfik Karagülle tevfik at itefix.no
Tue Jan 31 22:11:42 GMT 2006

It is possible to instruct cygwin not to reflect permission changes to windows' file system. This
can be done by specifying CYGWIN=nontsec.
In this case, all permission related changes ordered by rsync will be discarded. Rsync daemon
implemented by cwrsync server uses cygwin=notnsec by default.

Cwrsync is simply a minimal  'rsync on cygwin'  environment packaged into an installer. Rsync
executable in cwrsync is compiled by using the last available rsync source (2.6.6 at the moment). If
you are only interested in rsync, cwrsync can be a solution for you. Otherwise, I recommend to
install a full-blown cygwin which offers much more than rsync.

Best regards

|: Tev :|