cwrsync server 2.0.4 / winxp / ownership problems?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jan 31 18:27:35 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 01:13:47PM -0500, Erik Jacobs wrote:
> I didn't think that CHMod would have any effect in windows??

I assumed that the cygwin library would map the internal mode change
into an appropriate external change on the filesystem.  However, since I
try to avoid MS Windows whenever possible, someone else will need to
answer if my assumption is incorrect in the case you're experiencing.

(Also, I meant to type --chmod=u+w, not --chmod=o+w in my prior email.)

> Are you referring to the rsync in CVS for cwrsync?

I'm referring only to the official rsync that I maintain.