cwrsync server 2.0.4 / winxp / ownership problems?

Tevfik Karagülle tevfik at itefix.no
Mon Jan 30 22:34:55 GMT 2006

Hi Erik,

Since cwrsync contains some windows-specific arrangements not directly related to rsync itself, I've
established a cwrsync discussion forum half a year ago. It is available at
http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=viewforum&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS=1 . You
may consider to post your problem at this forum as well.

Back to your problem: By default, cwrsync is configured to not to map unix permissions to windows
equivalents (env.variable CYGWIN=nontsec). In other words, what you set as windows permissions on
your directories will not be disturbed by cwrsync. If you want to give your admins write permissions
on /stuff/windows, you may simply run the command below only once:

Xcacls "windows directory behind module crystal_windows" /T /E /G Administrators:F

Best regards

Tev

cwRsync maintainer

http://itefix.no/cwrsync