ACL support in rsync 2.6.6

Matt McCutchen hashproduct at verizon.net
Sun Jan 22 21:02:29 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 19:39 +0000, Paul Reilly wrote:
> But it still appears that 2.6.6 doesn't have any acl support
> included. Is that true?

Yes, but the patch comes with it.  Apply, and follow the instructions
in, patches/acls.diff.  Configure rsync with ACL support, which requires
ACL headers and libraries to be available your system:
	./configure --with-acl-support
The resulting rsync will copy ACLs if you give it the -A, --acls option.

I'm guessing you just want to copy ACLs for backup purposes.  But if you
also want rsync to use default ACLs as appropriate when receiving files
without -p, consider my custom rsync, which is available at:
	http://mysite.verizon.net/hashproduct/myrsync/
There are plans to include default ACL observance in the ACL patch for
the official rsync 2.6.7.
--
Matt McCutchen, ``hashproduct''
hashproduct at verizon.net -- http://mysite.verizon.net/hashproduct/