Rsync 2.6.7pre1 is now available

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 9 06:10:30 GMT 2006

[quoted lines by Wayne Davison on 2006/02/08 at 21:07 -0800]

>You can read all about the latest improvements and bug-fixes in the NEWS
>file:
>
>    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/preview/rsync-2.6.7pre1-NEWS

>The itemized output now uses 'S' for a special file instead of clumping them
>together with the 'D' for devices.

Is this a Windows thing? On Unix-like systems, unless I'm misunderstanding
something, there's no such thing as a device file, i.e. a device is either
character special or block special.

>The new option --human-readable (-h) changes the output of ...

I thought -h was the short option for --help. Wouldn't it be better to leave it
that way, if only for convention's sake?