rsyncing from windows 2003

David Bear david.bear at asu.edu
Wed Dec 20 04:11:44 GMT 2006

I am using rsync in daemon mode running under cygwin on windows 2003.

When I encounter a file that has a name that is in unicode rsync seems to
missbehave. It changes the name to some combination of ???? and then says
the file no longer exists.

I googled for this and found that cygwin has issues with unicode but nothing
more. Is there any hope that rsync can handle unicode file names under
cygwin?

btw, I am using a suse 10 linux box as the rsync destination.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at Arizona State University