patchsync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Dec 15 03:33:51 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 05:46:08PM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> I have just completed a much enhanced version of "patchsync", the tool
> I have been using to synchronize my copy of acls.diff with my copy of
> ACL-enabled rsync.

Thanks, Matt!  I've included a mention on the script on the resources
page of the website.  I'll also consider including it into the support
dir.

I have one wish-list item:  when someone makes changes to a branched
version, I'd like to have a way to see the changes as a diff relative to
the branched version, rather than as a diff of the changes to the diff
in the patches dir.  This way the changes that were made are more
evident, and they aren't mixed in with other meta changes, such as
line-number changes for the hunks.