1 file of 16000 always being updated

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Dec 8 20:10:29 GMT 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 03:04:10PM -0200, Fabiano Bonin wrote:
> I found the problem. It was the / after the last entry.
> I don't know why, but it was causing that file to be always synchronized.

Here's the relevant item from the NEWS file for 2.6.5:

 - Fixed a case where rsync would erroneously delete some files and then
   re-transfer them when the options --relative (-R) and --recursive
   (-r) were both enabled (along with --delete) and a source path had a
   trailing slash.

(The underlying problem was a weird sorting glitch in the file list.
I'll also mention that 2.6.9 is the latest version.)