1 file of 16000 always being updated

Fabiano Bonin fabiano at personalsoft.com.br
Fri Dec 8 17:23:24 GMT 2006

On 12/8/06, Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri 08 Dec 2006, Fabiano Bonin wrote:
>
> > File "rsync.incluir"
> > /share/soapy/home
> > /share/soapy/svnroot
> > /share/wiki/

> If you're not excluding anything, why are you passing the
> --delete-excluded option?

Don't know for sure. It's first time i'm using rsync and i got an
example and i'm still understandind it, but i interpreted this options
as "delete the files on the destination side that were deleted on the
source side".

> > I found the problem. It was the / after the last entry.
> > I don't know why, but it was causing that file to be always synchronized.
> > I removed the slash and the problem is gone.
>
> What version of rsync are you using? (on both ends)

rsync  version 2.6.6  protocol version 29 (source)
rsync  version 2.6.4  protocol version 29 (destination)