1 file of 16000 always being updated

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Fri Dec 8 14:51:57 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 12:15:34 -0200, Fabiano Bonin <fabiano at personalsoft.com.br> wrote:
> I'm trying rsync synchronizing some directories with about 16.000 files.
> After the first synchronization, the others are transfering just the
> changed files, as it is expected to be, except for 1 single file, that
> is not changed (size or time) and is being transfered in all
> synchronization.
>
> The file is called JSPWiki.war, and is a java war file.
>
> I checked the size and times on both servers and they are exactly the same.

Please also check checksums (md5sum/sha512sum). I've at least seen
things like this two times, where a HDD silently replied data from a
bad sector.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
 Signature of:                            If it doesn't work, force it.