protecting files from deletion, and using --delete-excluded

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Aug 31 23:23:14 GMT 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 06:09:08PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> That's the wrong fix.

No, it's just an incomplete fix.  In order to be compatible with older
rsync versions, we must continue to completely eliminate the .cvsignore
file when --delete-excluded is used (or else we'd get spurious errors
about the filter rules being too modern when they aren't really).

Thanks for the additional patch.  I'll look into integrating it soon.