[SOLVED] error compiling the latest versions of rsync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Apr 13 17:02:53 GMT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 07:56:01PM +0900, Denis Solovyov wrote:
> Sorry for the alarm, but I never collided with such behaviour before,
> it was not obvious since all other software complied well all the time.

Thanks for the report anyway, as I discovered two things: (1) the code
for replacing a broken inet_aton() was not quite right (it should have
been more like the code for replacing a broken inet_ntoa()), and (more
importantly) (2) no code in rsync these days even uses inet_aton() or
inet_ntoa(), so the REPLACE_INET_xTOx configure checks and the
replacement functions in lib/compat.c could just be removed.