logging problems

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Apr 7 17:10:35 GMT 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 12:54:15PM +0200, Julian Pace Ross wrote:
> It seems something has to be bogged with my setup somewhere,
> and only with rsync --daemon is the log file accessed.

Is rsync complaining about something in your rsyncd.conf file?  If an
error gets output when reading the conf file, it will cause the log
output to initialize to using syslog (since the message needs to go
somewhere, and the log-file is still being parsed).  I'll look into
ways to mitigate this, but it would be good to know if this is the
problem you're seeing (check for any log output that comes before
the "rsync allowed access on module ..." message).