Using --link-dest works on small directory tree but not large one

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Apr 7 16:48:42 GMT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:35:10PM -1000, Robot Robot wrote:
> Like I said, though, the majority of the time it is re-pulling. Why is
> it doing this?

The --link-dest check looks for identical files, so the files must be
unchanged in, by default, their size, mod-time, and permissions, OR,
when using --checksum, in their size, checksum, and permissions.  If you
don't see a reason for the files to be considered diferent, I'd suggest
asking about this on an Apple list, since you're using an rsync that is
modified by them.  The problem may be in how Apple computes the
resource-fork info or something like that.