how to tell what files changed?

Erik Neumann erikn at myphysicslab.com
Wed Apr 5 03:25:40 GMT 2006

Hey thanks, I did see that in the docs but the -i --itemize-changes
option doesn't exist in the version of rsync I'm using (the default
version for Mac OS X 10.4.6)

rsync  version 2.6.3  protocol version 28
Copyright (C) 1996-2004 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks,
batchfiles,
               inplace, IPv6, 32-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

I've seen that Apple has listed a change to rsync recently, so
perhaps their version is a bit non-standard?  Or did the -i option
come after rsync 2.6.3?   Can I upgrade to rsync 2.6.7 on my own, or
do I need to wait on Apple?

Perhaps I should try rsyncX?

Thanks for any tips...

--erikn