logging problem

Julian Pace Ross julian.paceross at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 10:40:45 GMT 2006

Some bad news unfortunately.. what I did is exactly this:
I downloaded 2.6.7, carefully applied the log-file.diff patch, then applied
the patch Wayne posted yesterday.

What's happenning now is that nothing is being logged in either the syslog
or the specified log file in the per-user conf file.
I tried by specifying log files in /var/log, in the user's home directory,
and also with the syslog facility trick, but nothing.
What is even stranger is that even when running as a daemon (no ssh) nothing
gets output anywhere either.
Seems something in the code is failing or being skipped altogether..
I lack the resources to look into it deeper than this...
I wonder if anyone can replicate this?

..Julian