rsync through multiple ssh hops with password authentication prompt

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 27 20:48:57 GMT 2005

Oh, yes! I am sorry, I should have checked that twice.
Wayne did really a great work on the FAQ.

I would add something instead (of added to) the Method #. For example,

Method 1: no rsync daemon server, passwordless authentication in middle
machine.

Method 2: no rsync daemon server, using SSH proxy

Method 3: no rsync daemon server, using SSH port forwarding

Method 4: no rsync daemon server, using SSH tunnel

Only just to give a quick summary of the differences of the methods.

Cheers,

	Manuel.