Commercial license?

Ade adrian at europeantenders.com
Fri Oct 21 16:22:21 GMT 2005

Hi there

Is there a commercial license for using Rsync or the Rsync algorithm
within a commercial product? I appreciate that Rsync as it stands is GNU
and therefore it cannot be used in this way, but I thought that I would
ask the list. I understand that it is open source, but we have an
application that would benefit from something like Rsync and therefore
thought we would ask the question. If the above answer is "no" does
anyone have any suggestions for other similar technology that can be
licensed?

Thanks for the help

Ade