rsyncd: having each log file for each module

Muthu cmuthu at naturesoft.net
Mon Oct 3 07:13:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

     I am using rsyncd server. I have the configuration in
/etc/rsyncd.conf. I have included each modules section for each client.I
want to have the log files of all activity in separate files  for each
client instead of in the global log file.Can sombody help me.

/etc/rsyncd.conf
=============================

#### rsyncd.conf file ####
uid = backup
gid = backup
#pid file = /etc/rsyncd.pid
syslog facility = daemon
transfer logging = true
log format = %h %o %f %l %b
log file = /var/log/backuplog/test.log

###### Marketing Dept #####

[TEST]  #Module name could be any name
       path = /backup/desktopbackup/TEST
#       comment = Data backup of Linux Gavaskar
       secrets file =/etc/rsyncd.secrets
       uid = backup
       read only = no
       list = yes
       log format = %h %o %f %l %b
       log file = /var/log/backuplog/test1.log

Info: All the rsync logs are getting logged in
/var/log/backuplog/test.log, but not in /var/log/backuplog/test1.log.
Can I get some help.

Thanks,
Muthu.