complete newbie

Gil Hardwick ghar4399 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 1 05:35:35 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie to rsync. Last year I built and setup my own web server
based on an old Intel PII box running at 333Mhz. There is plenty of RAM and HD
space, but the site is now growing apace.

A few weeks ago while upgrading my office equipment I set aside another box
running an AMD Athlon at 1.1GHz. Still plenty of RAM and drive space.

Both systems are setup us as servers running Fedora Core 3. I am happy with
their performance but need to know how I can mirror the first server onto the
second using rsync.

I do not seem to be able to find any rsync folder or rsyncd.conf file
on either, and
have no idea where to start beyond reading the man pages.

The service is a non-profit educational repository promoting history
and local talent.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Gil